March 20, 2011

Photography



When speaking of inspiration, one thing comes to mind, photography.  Ever since I can remember I have toted around a camera. As a toddler I started out with one of those red, fake and plastic cameras that would scroll through different animations.  Later in life, growing into adolescence my love for shooting never dwindled, rather sparked.  When I became a freshman in high school my mother and father fueled my obsession by buying me a high definition Canon camera. From that point - I grabbed photography by the horns and ran with it. I enrolled into a few photography classes at my local community college, AC (Amarillo College), where I gained valuable knowledge of my camera and photography as a whole. 
Two years have passed since my first professional photography class, in which I still have the ambition and drive of shooting inspirational photos. Shooting gives me a since of freedom and serenity. There is an old saying, “take a picture, it’ll last longer”, this has great meaning to me. Memories can fade over time, but with photography, memories last forever. 
Several valuable guidelines, which I follow faithfully, in keeping on point in photography, follow. These points come from a very esteemed photographer himself, Darren Rowse. 
35 Things I've Learned About Photography by Darren Rowse:
1. Never do photography to become a rock-star.
2. Enjoy what you are shooting.
3. Prepare well for your shooting, realizing that your battery isn’t charge when you’re setting up for that sunrise shoot is too late!
4. Always take one warm garment more than you actually need with you
5. Pay attention to your thoughts and emotions while you are shooting
6. Set goals you can achieve
7. Write tips about photography, because writing is also learning
8. Never go shooting without a tripod
9. Be pleased with the little prosperities
10. Build relationships with potential photo buddies
11. Watch the place you want to shoot first with your heart then with the camera
12. Always stay calm
13. Know that you tend to overestimate yourself
14. Perspective is the killer
15. Dedicate yourself to photography, but never browbeat yourself too much
16. Take part in a photography community
17. Keep your camera clean
18. Never compare yourself to others in a better or worse context
19. Find your own style of photography
20. Try to compose more and to hit the shutter less
21. Seek out and learn to accept critique on your images
22. Do something different to recover creativity
23. Get inspiration from the work of other photographers
24. Criticize honestly but respectfully
25. Get feedback from your lady
26. Don’t copy other photographer’s style
27. Be bold
28. Take care of the golden ratio
29. 10mm rocks!
30. Take self-portraits
31. Read books about photography
32. To give a landscape photograph the extra boost, integrate a person (maybe yourself)
33. Every shooting situation is different than you expect
34. Pay attention to s-curves and lines
35. Always shoot in RAW

Read more:
http://www.digital-photography-school.com/100-things-ive-learned-about-photography#ixzz1HCu9ChPi

1 comment:

  1. It's great your love for photography captivated you the way it does, keep it up...

    ReplyDelete