January 30, 2011

PAPYRUS


As the week went by I thought to myself what in the world will I blog about next, but after spending a good while browsing around the bookstore it came to me…PAPYRUS greeting cards. When picking out the perfect card, I am one of those who use to spend hours doing so and rarely would I leave the store feeling completely satisfied with my purchase. After all the whole concept of buying a card is for someone close to your heart or someone who has touched your life in some way so of course you want it to be special. For some a card is simply a card, but for me it’s more than that.
Luckily I discovered Papyrus when I came to TCU. I don’t know what it is about Amarillo and small towns, but for some reason I never came across this brand until I landed in Fort Worth. PAPYRUS was founded in the family kitchen of Marcel and Margrit Schurman in 1950 and the word comes from the earliest form of paper crafter from the papyrus plant. The company believes in embracing all that life has to offer.  By that they “elevate everyday living and moments in that journey to become joyful events, visual statements and objects of beauty that convey a sense of self and punctuate the way we experience life.”
After 61 years and over 450 stores, PAPYRUS has come a long way. A company that offers an array of products including custom printed announcements, entertainment products, gift bags/wrapping, greeting cards, stationery, journals, note cards and other little goodies. They are now united behind the Schurman Retail group banner and operate multiple retail brands such as Carlton Cards Retail, American Greetings retail and Paper Thread (another one of my favorites). In providing the finest of the finest products, PAPYRUS continuing mission is to “establish itself as the undisputed destination and brand of choice for social expression products and services of exceptional quality, diversity and taste.”
Clearly by the sound of things, you can see that these greeting cards along with the other products are of the highest quality and it really does feel as if the customers are in mind when designing. They are cards filled with a great deal of consideration and creativity. I have found immense customer satisfaction and now I find myself spending hours deciding between cards instead of trying to find that perfect one. If you ask me, everything PAPYRUS is perfect. Regardless the occasion, they’ve got it all and boy do I love their stores.
Needless to say PAPYRUS is yet another that gives me endless inspiration. I’ve now started buying their cards for future art projects and ideas. See so for yourself  by visiting their website below. 

2 comments:

  1. Where is the closest store to TCU. Also I was curious did they originate in Marcel France?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work for this company!!
    INCREDIBLE people to work for...
    I'll be managing a brand new Papyrus store when it opens in BC this year! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete